Energy Renewal Is Growing!
We are always looking for the best talent. We want to hear from you if you excel at what you do, are looking for exciting challenges, and believe in being “Responsive, Reliable, and Reasonable.”
We are currently looking to fill the positions below.
To apply for a position, please click on the “Apply” link below the position you are interested in.
VP, Director of Environmental Consulting
Description: Energy Renewal Partners, a full service environmental and project management consulting firm, is hiring a Vice-President, Director of Environmental Consulting or to assist with our growing portfolio of energy related projects. Position is based in Austin, TX. Vice President, Director will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring consistency with company and client strategies, commitments and goals. Position involved the management and mentoring of the technical resource team consisting of scientists, biologists, and engineers. Position is part of the executive team of Energy Renewal Partners and individual will actively participate in management meetings, direction setting, overall strategy, and development of company objectives and goals. Although based in Austin, travel is expected up to 30% of the time. Experience with permitting, renewable energy or other energy sector experience is a requirement.
- Lead the planning and implementation of large-scale projects valued at >$1MM
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop project planning tools and resource management schedules
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budgets
- Track project deliverables
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Quality assurance and control
- Maintain project communication plan, monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Effectively communicate with clients and regulators
- Complete technical reviews of project deliverables
- Marketing of services, business development
- Lead technical resource team
- Mentoring of team members
- Annual reviews and compensation package decisions, career development
- Recruit, interview, hire staff as needed to fulfill project needs
- Set training program for team members
- 10+ years’ experience in project management or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of current environmental regulations
- Experience consulting and coordinating with regulators to achieve client goals
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Understanding of project management techniques and tools
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in budget management
- Experience in contract management (client and subcontractor)
- Experience in energy sector experience is preferred
- Business development experience and ability to bring new clients/projects required
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance